- Wooden toothpicks or wooden hors d’oeuvre picks.
- One cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 pound smoked bacon
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, sliced one and a half inches thick
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Top with a wire rack, spray with cooking spray. Soak wooden pics in water 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chili sauce, Coca Cola, Honey, Worcestershire, vinegar, and hot sauce. Reserve half of the mixture for use later.
- Cut bacon slices in half, with-wise. Wrap sausage slices with bacon, securing with wooden pics. Brush with remaining half of Cola mixture, you can discard the excess left over. Put sausage on prepared rack.
- Bake low/medium until browned and crisp, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve with reserved Coca Cola mixture brushed on.
Yield: 12 to 14 servings.