- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 pounds smoke sausage, slice it about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- In a large sauce pan, stir together brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, flour, soy sauce, and mustard over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about five minutes. Add sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Stir in red pepper. Then garnish with the green onions if desired.
Yield: 18 to 20 servings.